- Hybrid instant camera combines convenient digital image capture with traditional instant film output. This method allows you to shoot freely and print whenever desired or reprint an image as many times as desired.
- Accepts INSTAX Mini instant film to produce 2.4 x 1.8" images on a credit card-sized, 3.4 x 2.1" sheet.
- Rear 2.7" 230k-dot LCD monitor is used for composing imagery as well as reviewing photos and navigating the printing menu.
- Compact design is easy to handle, and the body incorporates a large shutter release button on the front of the camera.
- The camera has a dedicated sound recording button, and audio can be recorded in conjunction with each exposure. This audio is associated to a unique QR code on the print, and audio playback is possible by reading the QR code with a smartphone.
The “instax” series of instant cameras, launched in 1998, is affectionately called “Cheki” in Japan, where it has enjoyed wide popularity for over 20 years.
Today, it is sold in over 100 countries around the world, including Europe, Americas and Asia Pacific, with the cumulative number of shipments topping 45 million worldwide. It has been particularly loved by the digital-native generation in their teens and young adults who have embraced it as a communication tool, saying “It is fun to share those precious moments in life in the form of photo prints. When I hand photo prints to my friends, it gives me a real sense of connection with them.”
The new “LiPlay,” is a hybrid instant camera that allows you to review photos captured on the device via the LCD monitor on the back of the camera and choose images you want to print. The camera's “Sound” function is capable of recording up to ten seconds of audio. The function converts the audio data into a QR code and adds it to a photo to be printed out together. The audio can be replayed by scanning the printed QR code with a smartphone. This allows you to give a photo together with your description about the pictured scene. The camera also features the “Direct Print” function, which transfers a photo taken with your smartphone to the LiPlay for printing. You can print your favorite picture in your smartphone easily on instax film and share it with your friends. To make it easy to take a group photo, the camera also offers the “Remote Shooting” function so that you can use a smartphone operation to release the shutter while standing away from the camera itself.
The camera body boasts a streamlined and stylish design. Its compact and lightweight form factor makes it easy to carry. Buttons and dials for basic operations such as shutter release and “Sound” function are laid out for advanced operability. Extra attention has been paid to perfect the camera's texture. The camera comes in three colors, each of which has different surface processing, such as embossed or smooth finish.
Fujifilm will continue to broaden the world of the “instax” instant photo system for on-the-spot photo printing.